Upside-Down Pear Pancake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 medium pear, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Whisk flour and baking powder. In a separate bowl, whisk egg and milk until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
- Meanwhile, in a small ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Sprinkle with sugar. Add pear slices in a single layer; cook 5 minutes. Spread prepared batter over pears. Cover and cook until top is set, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer pan to oven; bake until edges are lightly brown, 8-10 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1/2 pancake: 274 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 26, 2016
My husband and I love pears but pancakes can be a bit heavy at times. These are light and delicious. This is such a flavorful recipe yet so easy to make. It looks elegant-as if you spent hours prepping and cooking. I will definitely make these again-and again. A definite recipe keeper.
Aug 28, 2016
Easy peasy, yet you'll be the only one to know. I'm not crazy about big breakfasts and this is light and yet enough to satisfy. My husband used syrup on the side, I prefer the dusting of powdered sugar.I've made this twice now, the first time I had pears on hand and we loved it. Unfortunately the second time I did not so I substituted a thinly sliced golden delicious apple and it turned just as tasty.We have both voted this 'a keeper'!
Aug 28, 2016
What an outstanding recipe! My husband and I enjoyed this for our brunch this morning with some of our homegrown pears. An easy recipe to prepare and one I'll be making again and again!
Aug 21, 2016
Delicious! Full of flavor and very light on the tummy! This was perfect for our Sunday brunch! I may have cooked it a little long, as mine was more caramelized than the magazine's picture, but I don't think it detracted a bit from the flavor. It's super easy and done in less than 30 minutes. A definite hit that will be making repeat performances in my house!