Very Blueberry Clafouti
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 16 ounces fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place butter in a 12-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet. Place skillet in oven until butter is melted, 1-2 minutes. Carefully tilt pan to coat bottom and sides with butter. Spread blueberries in bottom of pan. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, flour, milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour egg mixture over blueberries.
- Bake until center is puffed and edges are browned, 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 188 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Mar 9, 2020
The name of the recipe intrigued me for I've never heard of this. I used huckleberries instead of blueberries and it turned out tasty. If you need a quick dessert, this will do the trick! And I think any fruit that you have on hand will do. There's nothing wrong with this recipe, my husband and I just prefer pie.
Feb 10, 2020
It was my first time making it. Made it as written. It was very fast and easy. I like the fact that there is not much sugar added. Usually I decrease the amount of sugar in a recipe because my family doesn't like really sweet stuff. It turned out perfect. The natural sweetness of the berries was enough. Had it with coffee and later had a piece al amode. Will make it again with mixed berries.
Feb 10, 2020
This was delicious and so easy to make! I used 2 cups of frozen blueberries. I served it for brunch along with scrambled eggs and hash browns. My family loved it and we had fun with the name. :) VFE
Jan 19, 2020
Easy to make. Used blender to stir up ingredients. Fun to watch puff up in oven.