Lemon Chiffon Blueberry Dessert
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1-1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Combine cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup sugar and butter, reserving 2 tablespoons for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a 13x9-in. dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup blueberries.
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; cool. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar. Add vanilla; mix well. Slowly add dissolved gelatin. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over blueberries. Refrigerate, covered, until set, about 3 hours. Top with reserved crumb mixture and remaining blueberries. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 344 calories, 19g fat (14g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 3, 2018
This was absolutely delicious, so creamy and fresh tasting. The following week, I made it substituting sliced strawberries and strawberry Jello for the blueberries and lemon Jello. Very good too, but the lemon blueberry one was best.
May 31, 2018
My daughter in law made this and it was out of this world delicious!!! I printed it out and it will be my new "Go To" dessert for all occasions.
Jul 20, 2017
I made this for a picnic and it was great! Just a personal preference - I used fresh lemon juice and added some lemon zest.
Apr 20, 2014
I made this for Easter dessert and the entire 9x13 pan was gone!! 6 adults and 1 child! It was delicious! The only thing I did differently was add the juice and zest of half of a lemon to the cream cheese mixture. I reserved a little bit of lemon zest for the topping as we'll! It was a hit! I would definitely make this again!
Jan 20, 2014
I made this for a party and it disappeared in minutes. Some people who don't even eat deserts had several pieces. I added extra lemon juice because I wanted more flavor. A big winner.
Dec 28, 2013
Made as directed then again with some added fresh lemon juice. Much better with lemon juice. Making now with splenda and sugar free jello. Hoping it turns out OK.
Mar 26, 2012
What a wonderful dessert! I added more blueberries, as one cup wasn't enough for a 13x9" pan, plus I made a design on the top using more blueberries to add to the presentation. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've just talked myself into another serving :)
Oct 11, 2011
I made this for a party at work and it went over great! When I made this, I used two (2) premade graham cracker crusts instead. Made it easy to transport and I didn't need to worry about getting my container back.
Sep 9, 2010
1 of my kids asks for this instead of cake on his bday!
Apr 24, 2010
What leftovers? We didn't have any at our fellowship and many happy people asked me what was in this tasty dessert. It took longer than 25 minutes to prepare, more like 1 hour, and I used boxed graham cracker crumbs. A couple of the directions are missing, but from the picture, it looks like you sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture over the chiffon and dot with the 1/2 cup of blueberries. Very good and I'll make it repeatedly!!!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.