Pumpkin Chiffon Dessert
A nice alternative to traditional pie, this layered pumpkin dessert is a big hit during the holidays. I get many requests to bring it to gatherings.
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs. Spoon over crust. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and center is set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Beat in pumpkin and cinnamon. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over filling. Carefully spread with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.