Pumpkin Chiffon Dessert
A nice alternative to traditional pie, this layered pumpkin dessert is a big hit during the holidays. I get many requests to bring it to gatherings.
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs. Spoon over crust. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and center is set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Beat in pumpkin and cinnamon. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over filling. Carefully spread with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 286 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Chiffon Dessert in Country Woman Christmas 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.