Chocolate Zucchini Loaf
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup grated unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Spoon into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 180 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 5, 2016
We have been enjoying this recipe for years, thought I'd better review it! I don't change a thing and it is so delicious. So good warm with a bit of butter...mmmm! If it's dry you might be over cooking it, it has never been dry for me (check it after 40-50 minutes if in doubt).
Aug 24, 2015
I too thought it was very dry. I will try adding some oil next time. If it doesn't turn out better this one will be deleted !
Jul 18, 2015
All of us loved this. Will make this again!
Aug 13, 2014
Love this! I used dark cocoa and milk chocolate chips and added extra zucchini. Wonderful . . .
Feb 25, 2013
I am not sure what happen. I made it as directed and it was dry and cake like. Nothing like the reveiws... wasted time and ingredients. Not sure if I should try again.
Oct 1, 2012
Everyone loved it! My stepson was surprised it was zucchini!
Sep 8, 2012
I received a very LARGE zucchini from a friend and was looking for a recipe that my kids would enjoy. Found this one...who doesn't like chocolate. My son actually asked me to make another loaf. I did substitute whole wheat flour but it still turned out great!
Aug 13, 2011
Amazing!! Moist, chocolaty and can't stop eating it. I made two loaves and I am embarrassed that there was only two pieces left after everyone who went through my house had a piece or two ( :
Aug 1, 2011
My kids love this. I call it brownie bread and they have no idea zucchini is in it.