Party Appetizer Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bottle (14 ounces) hot or regular ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apple jelly
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- In a bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes; drain. Combine ketchup and cornstarch in roasting pan. Stir in jellies; add the meatballs. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 meatball: 50 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 25, 2015
These were very good. I didn't have currant jelly, so I used grape instead. My husband loved the sauce. He said this is a keeper!
Nov 16, 2013
These meatballs are fantastic! Just love them right out of the oven. I was a bit worried about the italian cheeses and seasoning, but it was not noticeable and added to the texture really. Very tasty. I didn't have apple jelly so I made my own concoction from ketchup, grape jelly, bbq sauce, honey, brown sugar. It's the meatball in this recipe that's great. Thank you for sharing. I will try it with apple & currant jelly next time because that sounds very nice.
Feb 17, 2013
A big hit at my ships (Navy) pot luck. Even the Captain had a few and asked why they were so good. No one believed what the sauce was made out of.
Jun 3, 2012
Made these for years (1996) We like these better than any other appetizer meatball recipe we have tried.
Mar 8, 2012
I make these often for parties and they are always a hit! Very yummy!
Sep 6, 2011
Very tasty. Takes a litte extra time rolling all the meatballs,but well worth it.
Feb 12, 2011
Every body commented on how much they loved this recipe, I definitely will make it again!
Nov 9, 2010
I've been making these for over 15-years...a great party food and great over rice for dinner!
Dec 27, 2009
Excellent. These meatballs were the highlight of our Christmas meal. They were especially yummy with homemade apple cinnamon jelly and current jelly.