Crowd-Pleasing Party Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour
Makesabout 7 dozen
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in three greased 13x9-in. baking dishes.
- Combine the sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts1 meatball: 61 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 23, 2018
Finally a recipe that actually uses REAL HOMEMADE meatballs, and not the frozen bagged ones from the store. I haven't tried these yet, but the 5-star rating goes for making meatballs.
Jun 11, 2014
I've made these several times. The last time I made over 300 of them for my wedding reception. There wasn't a single one left! The only thing I have done differently is added a bit of BBQ sauce to the meat mixture. I cooked then froze them and they traveled 400 miles in a cooler to be put in a roaster with the BBQ sauce. FANTASTIC RECIPE!
Oct 21, 2012
This is a keeper, I made a large batch for a baby shower anticipating leftover but they were all completely wiped out.
Feb 27, 2011
so yummy! I make 1.5 times the sauce so there's enough sauce to eat them over rice.
Nov 28, 2010
I made These meatballs for my sons 3rd birthday, 14 years ago; they where a hit. Everyone love them. I still make them for all the parties i go to
Jan 25, 2010
This recipe is my "go to" meatball recipe. The sauce is also very good; however I usually use the Ocean Spray recipe and use 1 can of jellied cranberries and a bottle of chili sauce. Absolutely delish!
Feb 19, 2009
This recipe is absolutely the best!!! I make when we have parties at our house, and it never fails that somebody wants the recipe. My husband loves them and requests them often.