Crowd-Pleasing Party Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour
Makesabout 7 dozen
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in three greased 13x9-in. baking dishes.
- Combine the sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts1 meatball: 61 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 23, 2018
Finally a recipe that actually uses REAL HOMEMADE meatballs, and not the frozen bagged ones from the store. I haven't tried these yet, but the 5-star rating goes for making meatballs.
Jun 11, 2014
I've made these several times. The last time I made over 300 of them for my wedding reception. There wasn't a single one left! The only thing I have done differently is added a bit of BBQ sauce to the meat mixture. I cooked then froze them and they traveled 400 miles in a cooler to be put in a roaster with the BBQ sauce. FANTASTIC RECIPE!
Oct 21, 2012
This is a keeper, I made a large batch for a baby shower anticipating leftover but they were all completely wiped out.
Feb 27, 2011
so yummy! I make 1.5 times the sauce so there's enough sauce to eat them over rice.
Nov 28, 2010
I made These meatballs for my sons 3rd birthday, 14 years ago; they where a hit. Everyone love them. I still make them for all the parties i go to
Jan 25, 2010
This recipe is my "go to" meatball recipe. The sauce is also very good; however I usually use the Ocean Spray recipe and use 1 can of jellied cranberries and a bottle of chili sauce. Absolutely delish!
Feb 19, 2009
This recipe is absolutely the best!!! I make when we have parties at our house, and it never fails that somebody wants the recipe. My husband loves them and requests them often.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.