Meatballs Sausage Dinner
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, halved and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- Lemon-pepper seasoning to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine broccoli, potatoes, carrots and onion. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with sausage. Shape beef into 1-in. balls; arrange over top. Pour broth over casserole; sprinkle with lemon-pepper seasoning. Bake, uncovered, until meatballs are no longer pink, about 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 289 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 652mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Jul 14, 2018
Family absolutely gobbled this recipe up, it was quick and easy to make. I did not use the meatball portion but did add zucchini and yellow squash. I steamed the carrots for a couple minutes, as they usually take longer to cook and that did the trick, also did not have beef broth so used chicken and it worked out just fine. This is very similar to a recipe I make that I use Italian sausage in. Will definitely make this again.
Feb 7, 2014
I didn't have ground beef, so instead I used beef stew meat cut into bite size pieces. This meal was fantastic! It was easy preparation, baked itself, and all we had to do was dish it out and eat it! It was a HUGE hit. In fact, my husband went back for thirds! Needless to say there wasn't much in the way of leftovers!
Dec 17, 2013
I don't think the meatballs are worth adding because of how dry they got. I leave those off now and we love it.
Aug 28, 2011
This was simple, but good. My only complaint is that the meatballs were done long before the veggies. I left it in the oven for an hour and a half and the carrots were still pretty crunchy. Next time I will skip the oven and let it simmer in a pot on the stove top. I also did not include the lemon pepper - instead I used a beef seasoning and it turned out alright.
Dec 18, 2010
Very easy and delicious! I bake it 10 minutes longer and the vegetables turn out nice and soft. I've made this several times.
Nov 19, 2010
My picky eaters didn't go for this recipe. But I put the leftovers (3 days later) in a pie crust and made a potpie, baked at 425 for 30 minutes and it was delicious!!!
Apr 20, 2010
Fantastic! Very tasty and healthy!
May 4, 2009
i used a pound of ground sirloin for the meat balls but other than that... YUMMMMMM
Mar 4, 2009
My family really enjoyed this dinner! (I used kielbasa) Next time I would use 3/4 pound ground beef so there's more meatballs - otherwise it was great! Very enjoyable! (and a great re-heat!)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.