Total TimePrep: 1 hour Cook: 4 hours
Makesabout 9 dozen
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 4 tablespoons chili powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 1 sleeve)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 can (26 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk egg, milk, minced onion, 2 tablespoons chili powder, salt and pepper; stir in crushed crackers. Add beef, sausage and cheese; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape mixture into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on greased racks in 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 15-18 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine soup, water, brown sugar and remaining chili powder. Gently stir in meatballs. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until meatballs are cooked through.
Nutrition Facts1 meatball: 51 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 29, 2015
Took these to a church potluck and came home with a basically empty slow cooker and lots of compliments, even from my husband who is a not a meatball lover.
Feb 21, 2015
The whole family loved these meatballs. Easy. Might use less tomato soup next time- lots of extra sauce. Would definitely make again