Cranberry Appetizer Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 7 dozen
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- CRANBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake until no longer pink, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker or chafing dish.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour over meatballs. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 meatball: 39 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 1, 2018
I made these meatballs for our party along with the Sweet and Spicy Asian Meatballs. While I favored the other meatballs, a large number of our guests commented more on these. I love cranberries and these didn't disappoint. Followed the recipe exactly.
Sep 2, 2017
WOW! The sauce was fantastic. I brought to a party and they were the first thing gone. Everyone wanted the recipe. Did not change a thing. Thanks for a great recipe.
Jul 30, 2015
Dec 28, 2013
I used frozen meatballs and followed the recipe posted here for the sauce. Made this for Christmas and it was delicious! Plan on making this again for New Years. This is a keeper! Thank you!
Feb 4, 2013
Made this recipe for work New Year's Eve. Everyone wanted the recipe. The sauce is a perfect combination of sweet and tangy. I like the idea of using the little smokies. Next time I will make a double batch of sauce and make half meatballs and smokies. Thanks for the recipe.
Nov 19, 2012
I never make my own meatballs but use frozen ones instead. However, the sauce recipe makes a yummy accompaniment for the meatballs. I nuke the meatballs and keep them warm in an electric chafing dish.
Feb 6, 2012
I haven't made your meatball recipe yet, but I am going to next time I make meatballs but the sauce was EXCELLENT! I followed the recipe to a T and also added little smokies in the sauce with the pre-made meatballs...so YUMMY!! Didn't bring any home. Thanks for a wonderful recipe, as I have tried lots of different sauce recipes.
Apr 5, 2010
I've made this over and over with rave reviews from those who've eaten them. I even used this recipe to camouflage ground venison's gamey flavor. love this!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.