Cranberry Chili Meatballs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the first six ingredients; stir until sugar is dissolved. Add meatballs; cook for 20-25 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Editor's Note: To prepare in a slow cooker, heat sauce ingredients as directed. Add sauce and meatballs to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 2-3 hours or until heated through.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 meatball: 51 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 25, 2019
I have been making these meatballs for years and they are delicious. It is such a simple recipe as well. I actually make them for dinner and serve them over rice. I also make these when I need to make dinner for a large group such as 20-50 people. Everyone always raves about how good they are and it's such an easy one to whip together. Serve it with the rice and salad and a texas sheet cake and everyone is happy!
Nov 17, 2018
Good, easy, but nothing special
May 21, 2018
Apr 1, 2018
Have made these before , using my own meatballs. This time, thought I'd try the frozen, which are 26 OZ. ,equalling 26 meatballs. How in the world did you get 72 meatballs out of only six oz.more? I had to make a batch of my own to make up the difference. My daughter swears by the Heinz chili sauce, and I use store brand, which I think is just as good, and not so pricy.
Dec 18, 2017
I made these for a finger food potluck and they were a hit. Very quick and easy to prepare , a nice blend of sweet and spicy, they were delicious!
Dec 12, 2017
Excellent meatballs - everybody loved them. I have a recipe to make my own meatballs. I think the recipe could be improved by using that homemade meatballs. Otherwise, good, easy, and I'm looking forward to eating the leftovers!
Nov 24, 2017
EVERYONE LOVED THEM!
Apr 20, 2017
My husband hates cranberries but loves these meatballs. I make these all the time for the family. They are a big hit at our potlucks at work, too.
Aug 28, 2016
Anyone have specifics on what type / brand of chili sauce works best?
Aug 25, 2016
Huge hit! Super easy! Now my go-to for everything. Thank you for sharing.