Potluck Enchilada Meatballs
This is a twist on the ordinary potluck meatballs. It's easy, inexpensive and a hit at any occasion. —Terina, Lewis, Decatur, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + cooling Cook: 3 hours
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) cornbread/muffin mix
- 2 envelopes reduced-sodium taco seasoning, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce, divided
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°. Prepare and bake muffin mix according to package directions. Cool completely and crumble; transfer to a large bowl. Add 1 envelope taco seasoning, eggs, 1-1/2 cups enchilada sauce and meat; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape meat mixture into 1-1/2-in. balls; bake on greased racks in 15x10x1-in. baking pans lined with foil until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes.
- Place meatballs in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Combine remaining enchilada sauce, salsa, chiles, 1/2 cup cheese and remaining envelope taco seasoning; pour over meatballs. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook, covered, on low until meatballs are cooked through, about 3 hours.
Test Kitchen tips