Sour Cream Noodles
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) fine egg noodles
- 1-1/4 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Paprika, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cottage cheese, sour cream, onion, Worcestershire sauce and garlic salt. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 262 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 5, 2011
These noodles were flavored well, but I found that after baking they were really dried out. I stirred in more sour cream to help, but then needed to add more salt and pepper. If I ever made this again I would saute the onions in a little butter to soften them up before adding them.