Marmalade Baked Ham
"My family loves the flavor that orange marmalade, beer and brown sugar give this ham," says Clo Runco. The Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania reader scores the ham and inserts whole cloves for an appealing look with little effort.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 to 4 pounds)
- 12 to 15 whole cloves
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or beef broth
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove in each diamond.
- Pour beer or broth over ham. Rub brown sugar over surface of ham. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours.
- Spread with marmalade. Bake, uncovered, for 15-25 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 157 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 1017mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Marmalade Baked Ham in Quick Cooking November/December 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.