Baked Ham with Orange Glaze
Baked in apple cider and orange juice, this tender ham is brushed with a sweet-tangy mustard and marmalade glaze. For more flavor, serve the slices with extra glaze on the side.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 cups apple cider or unsweetened juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/4 in. deep. Add cider and orange juice to pan. Loosely cover ham with foil; bake at 325° for 1 hour. Combine remaining ingredients; brush some over ham.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-60 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, brushing occasionally with glaze. Serve with remaining glaze.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces ham: 219 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 1061mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Baked Ham with Orange Glaze in Light & Tasty October/November 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.