Champagne Baked Ham
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (9 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups champagne
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until glaze is reduced by half. Remove from the heat.
- Baste ham with glaze; bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting twice with glaze. Serve with remaining glaze.
Nutrition Facts7 ounce-weight: 295 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 2357mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 42g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 16, 2016
I made this ham quite awhile back, during one of my mother in law's first visits to our home. Everyone loved the ham, including my husband who doesn't usually care for ham. He said it's the best ham he's ever had! It is really good, and quite easy as well.
Mar 31, 2013
My family loved this for Easter dinner - husband said it was my best ham yet! :)
Dec 26, 2011
Superb! I made this ham for our family Christmas dinner and was told by a handful of relatives that this is the best ham they had ever tasted. I didn't have honey on hand so used dark corn syrup instead and it may have been even better because of it. Also, I used a very old bottle of inexpensive champagne that was in the cupboard and it didn't matter
Dec 26, 2010
Made this ham for Christmas dinner, and everyone loved it. I saved the glaze from the bottom of the roasting pan and served it on the side for those that wanted it. Will definitely make this again, and thanks for sharing the recipe!
Dec 20, 2010
Delicious glaze! I used a sweet champagne, which worked very well with the ham. Such an easy dinner to make - you'll have your dinner guests raving (and thinking you've been slaving away at the oven). And who minds toasting to a delicious dinner to come with the leftover champagne?!