Green Eggs and Ham Sandwiches
This is my kid-friendly version of green eggs and ham. For my adult version, I use prosiuitto instead of ham and fontina cheese for the provolone. It's a fun sandwich for breakfast, lunch or dinner. —Beth Dauenhauer, Pueblo, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 slices deli ham, halved
- 4 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- Heat a 10-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Whisk the eggs, milk and pesto. Add to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set and top appears glossy, remove from skillet and cut into quarters.
- On each English muffin bottom, layer ham, eggs and cheese. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 329 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 230mg cholesterol, 716mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Green Eggs and Ham Sandwiches in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012