Blue Cheese Onion Dip
I decided to tweak the onion soup dip you see at every gathering, and everyone seems to be glad I did. Serve with crisp, raw vegetables or potato chips, and you’re set. —Vicki Desy, Tucson, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (1/4 cup each)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- Mix first four ingredients until blended; stir in cheese. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours, until flavors are blended.
- To serve, top with walnuts. Serve with vegetables.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup dip: 224 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Blue cheese and onion dip in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.