Citrus-Raspberry Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil, orange juice and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with raspberries. Top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen raspberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 337 calories, 15g fat (1g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 9, 2018
My only changes were dividing up batter between a 9" fluted Bundt pan and two 5x3 loaf pans and also dividing the berries between the pans! I baked 45 minutes! This cake is delicious! Thank you for this recipe!
Jul 21, 2014
My husband rated this recipe with an enthusiastic "very good"! I plan to make it often using other fruits such as blueberries.
Feb 28, 2014
Amazing! The thick citrusy cake with sweetness of the raspberries provides such a well balanced flavor. This may be my new go-to dessert!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.