Citrus-Raspberry Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil, orange juice and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with raspberries. Top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen raspberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 337 calories, 15g fat (1g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 9, 2018
My only changes were dividing up batter between a 9" fluted Bundt pan and two 5x3 loaf pans and also dividing the berries between the pans! I baked 45 minutes! This cake is delicious! Thank you for this recipe!
Jul 21, 2014
My husband rated this recipe with an enthusiastic "very good"! I plan to make it often using other fruits such as blueberries.
Feb 28, 2014
Amazing! The thick citrusy cake with sweetness of the raspberries provides such a well balanced flavor. This may be my new go-to dessert!