Raspberry-Almond Coffee Cake
This fruity raspberry almond coffee cake is an awesome brunch treat. If you can’t find raspberries, try blueberries or strawberries. —Lisa Varner, El Paso, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk, applesauce, butter and extract; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in raspberries.
- Transfer batter to a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 229 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.