Raspberry-Almond Coffee Cake
This fruity raspberry almond coffee cake is an awesome brunch treat. If you can’t find raspberries, try blueberries or strawberries. —Lisa Varner, El Paso, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk, applesauce, butter and extract; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in raspberries.
- Transfer batter to a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 229 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Overnight Raspberry-Almond Coffee Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015