Cranberry-Filled Orange Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 4 to 5 teaspoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in 2 tablespoons orange juice and the zest. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating just until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix cranberry sauce, cherries and remaining orange juice. Spoon two-thirds of the batter into prepared pan. Spread with cranberry mixture. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, orange zest and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency. Pour glaze over top of cake, allowing some to flow over sides.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 573 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 87g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 30, 2018
This cake was DELICIOUS...It came out perfect!!! Nice flavor. I used Marischino Cherries instead of dried and the filling was delicious. I'll make this every Christmas Holiday....maybe more.
Feb 11, 2018
The center does not cook! After baking for 1 hour it was still gooey! Gross
Nov 5, 2016
This is my recipe and I love orange and cranberries together. I also loved it when I added coconut to the mix.