Lemon-Blueberry Pound Cake
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest and vanilla.
- 2. Toss blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour. In another bowl, mix the remaining flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating after each addition just until combined. Fold in blueberry mixture.
- 3. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack; cool completely.
- 4. In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
1 slice: 434 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 22, 2019Added cream cheese and extra lemon zest to the glaze which was awesome because the cake isn’t overly sweet and the extra pop in the glaze really gave it a nice balance! Very good!
Sep 2, 2019This is so delicious.
Aug 30, 2019Very moist and delicious! We all loved it. Had 3 slices in one day! Yum
Jul 30, 2019This cake was delicious. I followed the recipe exactly except for the glaze. I had used 4 oz of cream cheese for the cake so had that amount remaining from an 8 oz block. So for the glaze I mixed 4 oz of softened cream cheese. 1/4 c room temp butter. 1 heaping tsp fresh lemon zest, 1/4 tsp vanilla, 1 c powdered sugar and the juice of 1 lemon. Really beautiful presentation on the cake.
May 28, 2019Except for the glaze and additional blueberries, I followed the recipe to the letter. I don't know how some reviewers said it was dry. This cake is delicious and as moist and rich as they come. I had extra blueberries on hand so I threw them in and I completely ignored the amount of lemon in the glaze because I love lemons and they were really juicy. The glaze didn't look like the picture, but boy was it good. Made it yesterday and it's already gone. Family loved it!
May 19, 2019Would love to make this recipe but the version I see doesn't have the measures for the salt yogurt and soda.
May 15, 2019Turned out tasty,little to sweet with the sugar frosting. Will cut that in half next time.other than that really good
Jun 13, 2018
I love this recipe! So good! I did however follow the original recipe which uses 1/2 cup butter instead of 1/3 - and for the glaze it used 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Using this for the glaze creates just that - more of a glaze instead of frosting. Next time I might try quantities somewhere in between. Also, as others have recommended, I added additional lemon zest to the cake. Just wonderful!
May 28, 2018
Great pound cake! Looking forward to having extra blueberries so I can make this again.
May 21, 2018
Cake was delicious. Everyone loved it..