Glazed Strawberry Cheesecake
This ruby-red showstopper has been a family favorite for more than 30 years. When I take it to potluck parties and other get-togethers, we devour every last bite.—Jan Decarlantonio, Centreville, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 65 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 3/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 25 wafers)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-2/3 cups sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange liqueur
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- In a small bowl, mix pecans and wafer crumbs; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1-1/3 cups sugar until smooth. Beat in 2 teaspoons vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake 65-75 minutes or until center is almost set. Let stand 5 minutes on a wire rack. In a small bowl, mix sour cream and remaining sugar and vanilla; spread over top of cheesecake. Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- In a small saucepan, whisk cornstarch and liqueur until smooth. Stir in spreadable fruit; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Remove rim from springform pan. Arrange strawberries over cheesecake; top with some of the glaze, allowing glaze to drip down sides. Refrigerate until glaze is set, about 1 hour. To serve, gently warm remaining glaze; serve with cheesecake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 462 calories, 30g fat (15g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.