Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cheesecake
My New York-style cheesecake has tart cranberries, white chocolate chunks and a smidge of yuletide red. It's an impressive addition to holiday dessert tables. —Angela Spengler, Tampa, Florida
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 15 Oreo cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cranberry juice or 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- In a small bowl, mix crushed cookies and melted butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cranberry juice and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in white chocolate and cranberries. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove rim from pan before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 545 calories, 37g fat (22g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Berry Delicious Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cheesecake in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.