Mint-Frosted Chocolate Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- MINT FROSTING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring
- 24 mint Andes candies, chopped
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Additional mint Andes candies, chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of three greased 8-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, water, oil, sour cream, vinegar, and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in mint extract and food coloring.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with 2/3 cup mint frosting. Sprinkle with half of the mints. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Refrigerate until set.
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; let stand 5 minutes. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in corn syrup. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour over cake and quickly spread to edges. If desired, top with additional mints. Refrigerate until serving.
Dec 21, 2017
I really love chocolate cake. And you have made it with cream cheese icing, it's really going to be awesome in taste.You have really done a nice job. As you have shared the best things for me. Even this recipes can be made in busy time also. It's really special for me. http://cake-delivery.in/kota
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.