This is a refreshing dessert you can keep in the freezer and take out anytime. It's gorgeous, and never fails to impress! —Mary Kisinger, Medicine Hat, Alberta
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons green creme de menthe
- 2 cups chocolate ice cream, softened if necessary
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened if necessary
- 20 chocolate wafers, coarsely crushed
- Chocolate syrup and chopped mint Andes candies, optional
- Line a 1-1/2-qt. bowl with plastic wrap. Place in freezer 30 minutes. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add milk and creme de menthe; beat until soft peaks form. Quickly spread onto bottom and up sides of bowl to within 1/2 in. of top. Freeze 2 hours or until firm. Spread chocolate ice cream over mint layer. Freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- Spoon vanilla ice cream into ice cream shell, spreading to completely cover the top. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Invert bombe onto a serving plate. Remove bowl and plastic wrap. Top with wafers. Cut into wedges. If desired, top with chocolate syrup and candies.