Chocolate Mint Crisps
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + standing
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 packages (4.67 ounces each) mint Andes candies
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and water. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Transfer to a bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes. With mixer on high speed, add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to chocolate mixture, beating on low until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 3 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until edges are set and tops are puffed and cracked (cookies will become crisp after cooling).
- Immediately top each cookie with a mint. Let stand for 1-2 minutes; spread over cookie. Remove to wire racks; let stand until chocolate is set and cookies are cooled.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 149 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 21, 2014
I saved this recipe from last year, because it was a hit with my family so I am using it again this year for the Holidays. This is a very tasty recipe that kids will enjoy. Thank you!!!
May 9, 2014
these were always a hit in our family...glad i found the recipe
Jan 15, 2013
Big hit. Eveyone loved them.
Jan 4, 2013
I made this for my family, and I didn't even have to melt the candies on top, and they wouldn't leave them alone!
Dec 18, 2012
These are delicious cookies, popular with everyone. I have a question, though. Have you other bakers noticed this cookie gets a little flat, or did I do something wrong?
Dec 17, 2012
Although these are tasty now that they are done, I made them exactly as the recipes directs except I made a double batch in my KitchenAid mixer and refrigerated it overnight with the lid on. Oh my, it was like concrete when I got it out the next day to make them. Had to have my boyfriend chip the batter in chunks in order for me to work with it. What did I do wrong?!
Dec 13, 2012
Nice crispy cookie, everyone loved the mint flavor. Certainly made the "hit" list for the 2012 Christmas. Definite do-over:)
Dec 1, 2012
Fantastic!!! I was baking for a crowd, so I rolled them small and used 1/2 an andes on each. I loved the flavor, and if you spread the candy gently it leaves a beautiful swirl on top :)
Nov 20, 2012
These cookies were so easy, and absolutely delicious! Mine were chewy instead of crispy, which I like better anyway!
Jan 16, 2011
Heavenly. Cook 11 minutes for soft and chewy, 13 minutes for crispy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.