Chocolate Mint Creams
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring, optional
- Cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add chocolate, egg and vanilla; mix well. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating well. Divide dough in half; shape each into a 2-in.-diameter roll. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unwrap dough and cut crosswise into 1/8-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until edges are firm, 7-8 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine all frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Spread over cookies; let dry completely. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 73 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 17, 2018
Good for people who like their cookies crunchy. A nice idea for for St. Patrick’s Day,.
Feb 1, 2018
This is a very tasty and easy cookie. I added a little drizzled chocolate to the top, and it went from good to great!! My family loved these!!