Chocolate Mint Creams
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring, optional
- Cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add chocolate, egg and vanilla; mix well. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating well. Divide dough in half; shape each into a 2-in.-diameter roll. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unwrap dough and cut crosswise into 1/8-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until edges are firm, 7-8 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine all frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Spread over cookies; let dry completely. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 73 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 17, 2018
Good for people who like their cookies crunchy. A nice idea for for St. Patrick’s Day,.
Feb 1, 2018
This is a very tasty and easy cookie. I added a little drizzled chocolate to the top, and it went from good to great!! My family loved these!!