Festive Mint Cream Dessert
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, crushed
- 8 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate syrup and red and green sprinkles, optional
- In a microwave, melt 1/2 cup butter. Stir in cookie crumbs. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm. Spread ice cream over crust; return to the freezer until firm.
- In a large saucepan, combine chocolate chips, confectioners' sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature. When cool, spread over ice cream; return to freezer until firm.
- Spread whipped topping over ice cream (dish will be full). Cover and freeze for until firm or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. If desired, drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with sprinkles.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 391 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 3, 2014
I have made this recipe several times and it is always a hit. It is delicious as it is, but is easy to change up the flavors of ice cream and the garnishes depending on the occasion.
Dec 26, 2012
This is so good, I didn't, put the chocolate syrup on top, thought it had enough chocolate taste and just put a red cherry on top. Made a perfect Christmas Dessert.
Aug 8, 2012
Substitute 3 3/4 cups of chocolate wafer crumbs for chocolate cream filled sandwich cookies. Makes it not as sweet, but still delicious.
Mar 11, 2012
YUM! We used semisweet chips, 7 cups ice cream, and 14 oz cookies, and those substitutions all worked fine. Great for St. Patrick's Day with green sprinkles on top!~ Theresa
Dec 6, 2011
Everyone liked this so much for Christmas dessert last year, that it will be a yearly tradition!!!
Mar 21, 2010
This was really good if you like mint chocolate chip ice cream. Everyone liked it. Some said it was very sweet though.