Mint Chocolate Wafers
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- In a large bowl, beat egg, water and oil until blended. Gradually beat in cake mix and flour.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 1-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until firm. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over hot water, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in extract. Spread cookies with chocolate mixture. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles. Refrigerate until set.
Nutrition Facts1 wafer: 52 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 15, 2019
This is not specific enough-- Ended up with a sticky, useless "dough". Don't bother with this one.
Jan 2, 2016
The cookies were good, although too soft for my taste.
Dec 2, 2015
I enjoyed making this with my kids! They were tasty.