The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie
Everyone has a favorite type of chocolate chip cookie—a little crispy, a little chewy—but they all have to begin with a basic recipe. This is the best place to start! —Megumi Garcia, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 136 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.