Ultimate Candy Bar Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 7 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 27 Reese's mini peanut butter cups
- 27 miniature Snickers candy bars
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place Butterfinger candy bars in a food processor; process until ground. In a large bowl, cream butter and 2 cups ground candy bars until blended. Beat in eggs. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining ground candy bars. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until tops are cracked.
- Immediately press a piece of candy into the center of each cookie. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 124 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 16, 2017
Brought this for a dessert for my office potluck. People were a big fan of this recipe. Had to be really cautious on baking here so I didn't overbake (my first sheet was a little rough so I had to eat them all myself - oh dang!). It was topped with all my favorite chocolate candies though, so loved them!
Feb 14, 2017
Too sweet for our liking and texture is dry. Not a keeper.
Sep 28, 2015
The ingredient listing is correct. Be sure not to over-bake these beauties. They get their sweetness from the Butterfinger candy bars.Sue StetzelOnline Community ManagerTaste of Home Magazine
Mar 22, 2015
I agree with the others....something is missing. Will not make again.
Dec 18, 2014
this was a waste of money, something is missing in the cookie dough. did not taste good at all, to dry, flat, and fell apart.
Nov 28, 2014
Like RockRidgeKate, I think something critical is missing from the dough...no sugar, really?!? Please check the recipe and update if necessary. My three girls and I made these today, and while it was a fun afternoon in the kitchen, we are so disappointed in these cookies. The only thing that saves them is the candy bar in the middle. Thankfully the recipe was easy so we didn't spend too much time on something we'll end up throwing out.
Oct 30, 2014
was wondering if something was missing from the dough...no brown or white sugar.made them for treats after the red cross blood drawing & they were a smashing success!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.