Everyone that eats this pie raves about it! You can cover the whole top with ganache, but leaving part of the filling bare is the traditional way to make it. —Mary Northrup, Alpine, New York
Total TimePrep Time: 35 min, Cook Time: 10 min
- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine crumbs, sugar and butter. Firmly press mixture onto bottom and up the sides of 9-in. pie plate. Bake until set, about 10-12 minutes; cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until very smooth. Beat in peanut butter, sugar and vanilla. In a medium bowl, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. Do not over-beat. Gently fold whipped cream into peanut butter mixture until fully incorporated. Pour into crust and spread evenly.
- Place chocolate chips and half-and-half in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds; stir. Repeat until chocolate has melted and very smooth; do not over heat or chocolate may burn. Cool slightly.
- Spread ganache over the peanut butter filling, leaving a 1-inch border of peanut butter filling uncovered around edge of pie. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Chill for several hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 559 calories, 41g fat (17g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Buckeye Pie in Pies 18
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.