Total TimePrep: 40 min.
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions for fudge-like brownies. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream the butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Place in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag; set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Dust with cocoa; set aside. Cut brownies into 15 rectangles. Using a 1-1/2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out a heart from the center of each brownie. Reserve cutout centers for another use. Place brownies on prepared baking sheet. Pipe frosting into centers of brownies.
Sep 11, 2014
I baked my brownies on a jelly roll pan so they were very thin. I then cut out designs from half of them & frosted the other half with jam. I then topped those with the brownies that had cutouts, & filled with cream cheese frosting. Thanks for the fun idea! Kids would love to help make these.
Feb 24, 2013
I made these for the ladies that I work with and they were very happy! I had to thin the frosting out with a little milk and I used powdered sugar instead of cocoa to dust the bottom and sides of the brownies. Thanks for the cute idea!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.