Spiced Cappuccino Kiss Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 24 striped chocolate kisses
- Beat butter, brown sugar and 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, espresso powder and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix cinnamon and remaining sugar. Shape dough into twenty-four 1-in. balls; roll in cinnamon sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Immediately top with chocolate kisses, pressing lightly. Cool slightly on pans before removing to wire racks to cool.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 117 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 19, 2018
With left over dark Hershey kisses (from Christmas) I decided to make these for the party that I am hosting tomorrow evening. I tasted one after cookies had cooled completely. Great texture and wonderful taste. Will be making these again.