Spiced Cappuccino Kiss Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 24 striped chocolate kisses
- Beat butter, brown sugar and 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, espresso powder and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix cinnamon and remaining sugar. Shape dough into twenty-four 1-in. balls; roll in cinnamon sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Immediately top with chocolate kisses, pressing lightly. Cool slightly on pans before removing to wire racks to cool.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 117 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 19, 2018
With left over dark Hershey kisses (from Christmas) I decided to make these for the party that I am hosting tomorrow evening. I tasted one after cookies had cooled completely. Great texture and wonderful taste. Will be making these again.