Total TimePrep: 1 hour + chilling
- 12 ounces milk chocolate candy coating disks
- 20 large sourdough pretzels, divided
- Colored sprinkles
- 12 ounces white candy coating disks
- In a microwave, melt milk chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip 10 pretzels in chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Decorate half of the pretzels with sprinkles. Chill for 10 minutes or until set.
- Melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip the remaining pretzels in white chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Decorate half of the pretzels with sprinkles. Chill for 10 minutes or until set.
- Drizzle the plain white-coated pretzels with milk chocolate. Drizzle the plain milk chocolate-coated pretzels with white chocolate. Chill for 10 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 207 calories, 10g fat (9g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Feb 7, 2018
I used regular large twisted pretzels. I dipped them half way so a nice salty hit on one side, Janet. VFE
Dec 23, 2013
I usesd smaller and thinnesr pretzels. Had difficulty eating the sourdough pretzels. Otherwise good recipe.
Dec 9, 2012
I only gave it 4 stars because of the pretzels used, otherwise it is a 5 star recipe when used with thinner pretzels or my favorite, pretzel sticks! (also use melted milk/white chocolate chips for coating)
Dec 18, 2011
Tom Sturgis pretzels work the best, wouldn't make these with any other pretzel :)
Dec 7, 2011
I used Synders of Hanover Olde Tyme pretzels...they are the best for chocolate covered. I also use choc chips with shortening added per the type of chip. White Chocolate needs 1 Tbsp for every cup, and Semi Sweet is 1 Tbsp for every 2 cups.
Dec 24, 2009
Store bought sourdough pretzels are so hard that you can't even enjoy these. No one wanted to eat them as they were so messy, and hard that they were not enjoyable. If you make these do so with small bite sized pretzels or pretzel sticks then at least they would be eatible.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.