Italian Sausage Lasagna Rolls
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram, oregano, parsley flakes and thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 package (19 ounces) Italian sausage links
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 40 minutes. Stir in olives.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions for al dente. Cook sausages in a large skillet according to package directions; drain. Remove sausages and cut in half widthwise. In the same skillet, cook and stir spinach over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes or until wilted; drain spinach and squeeze dry.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and spinach. Spread 3 cups sauce mixture into a 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture on each noodle. Place a sausage half on a short end; carefully roll up. Cut in half widthwise; place ruffle side up in sauce mixture. Repeat with remaining noodles, cream cheese mixture and sausages.
- Pour 1-1/2 cups sauce mixture over rolls; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with remaining sauce mixture.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 8, 2017
This is great alternative to the traditional lasagna dish. I cut the recipe in half using an 11x 7 inch pan while utilizing the existing cooking times with perfect results.