Easy Orange Rolls
Life on a dairy farm is busy, so I need breakfast recipes that are simple yet delicious. My teenager daughter has been helping in the kitchen for years. In fact, this was probably one of the first recipes she made herself. —Peggy Kraemer, Thief River, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 3 tubes (10 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, orange juice and zest. Heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Pour into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Place 12 biscuits on their sides along the perimeter of the pan, overlapping slightly. Arrange remaining biscuits in the same manner, creating two concentric rings, using 10 biscuits for the middle ring and eight biscuits for the inside ring.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately turn upside down onto serving platter. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 159 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Mar 29, 2013
Once you get the hang of this it is so good. In the beginning My rolls never seem to get done in the middle. The secret- cover the top with foil after it has baked and bake another 10-15 mins. longer. Perfect.