Creamy Ranchified Potatoes
My daughter-in-law gave me this recipe and, over the years, I have tweaked it to our tastes. It's so nice to come home from work to a hot, tasty potato dish that's ready to serve! You can use any cheese you'd like and also any leftover meats that you have—chicken, for one. —Jane Whittaker, Pensacola, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces pepper jack cheese, grated
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine first seven ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until potatoes are tender, 6-8 hours. Top with cheese; stir to combine.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 297 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 933mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Creamy Ranchified Potatoes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Apr 24, 2019
Delicious, creamy goodness! I didn’t have cream cheese so I substituted sour cream and it turned out great. I also added fresh dill. The flavors mixed with our leftover ham made it a keeper!