Crunchy Cheese Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely crushed cornflakes
- Additional minced chives, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, milk, chives, salt and pepper. Add potatoes and mix thoroughly. Spread in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Combine cheese and cornflakes; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with additional chives if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 263 calories, 9g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Mar 22, 2014
They were a little dry, but crunchy. Doubling the sauce next time we liked the flavor.
Aug 14, 2013
Yes, I will probably make this recipe again but will surely make more sauce. Way to dry for our family.
Jul 4, 2011
Too dry. Maybe doubling sauce would be better.
Jul 20, 2010
Very good and tasty! I have been making this potato dish for years without any variation to the recipe. I can't think of any way to improve it.