Potato Ham Chowder
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, saute the ham, onion and celery in butter for 5 minutes or until ham is lightly browned and vegetables are tender. Add the broth and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into chowder. Add dill and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook for 1 minute or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 319 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 1286mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Oct 30, 2017
This is a really quick and easy, yet hearty soup! Very good recipe.
Aug 15, 2012
Very, very good! Everyone enjoyed it. I added some carrot for extra veggie, otherwise made it just as it says to.
Apr 5, 2012
This is a really good chowder. I served it with ciabatta cheese bread.
Dec 27, 2011
I added a extra cup of milk, 1 tbsp of flour, and 1/2 C of corn for my own unique chowder (extra dill to taste)
Jan 19, 2011
My family loved it,even my 2yr. old granddaughter.
Oct 7, 2008
This chowder is delicious. I added chopped broccoli (which I steamed for just a few minutes), packaged cubed ham, and used packaged diced potatoes with onion which saved prep and cooking time. I also added chives, parsley and dry ranch seasoning mix. Will definitely make again and again!