Cauliflower Ham Chowder
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes6-8 servings (2 quarts)
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 2-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 to 1 cup instant potato flakes
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook the potatoes, cauliflower and onion in chicken broth until tender. Stir in milk, ham, salt, pepper and nutmeg; heat through. Stir in potato flakes; simmer for 5-10 minutes or until soup is as thick as desired. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 188 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 1034mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Nov 6, 2009
This chowder is great! I discovered this recipe about a month ago and have already made it three times. I did leave out the nutmeg. I wasn't sure we would like the nutmeg in it. My husband said that it has definitely become one of his favorites.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.