No-Fuss Ham Patties
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 8 tablespoons dry bread crumbs, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 10 ounces ground fully cooked ham
- 2 to 4 tablespoons whole milk, optional
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, pickle relish, 6 tablespoons bread crumbs and mustard. Crumble ham over mixture and mix well. Gradually add milk if mixture is too thick. Shape into four patties. Sprinkle each side with remaining bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat in butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reaches 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 352 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 1230mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 3, 2019
I did not care for the taste of these patties at all. They were easy to make but I would not make them again. Yes, I followed the directions and used all the listed ingredients
May 15, 2016
Is the recipe missing an ingredient . Mind fell apart. Sure didn't look like the picture. Either to much milk or not enough bread crumbs ????
Apr 1, 2013
I followed the recipe exactly like printed and it was very difficult to make the patties stick together. They kept falling apart. Instead of milk for the liquid I think a white sauce would work much better.
Jan 11, 2012
I always used leftover baked ham and grind it in my foodprocessor. I would add about 2 tablespoons of mayonaise to the mixture to ensure moistness. Great as a stand alone meat dish or a patty for a ham sandwhich.
Jan 11, 2012
this is a great way to use leftover ham, just chop it fine in the food processor.