Italian Pork and Potato Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 6 cups sliced red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes or until almost tender; drain.
- Place potatoes in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper. Top with pork chops and marinara sauce. Cover and bake at 350° until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145° and potatoes are tender, 40-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1 cup potatoes and 1/2 cup sauce: 412 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 39g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Nov 4, 2012
My DH and DS liked it, but DD and I didn't love it. I thought it was a little bland. Maybe adding Italian seasoning? Also, my pork chops came out tough and some of the potatoes were cooked well and some were still kind of hard.
Oct 20, 2012
This was ok.