- 4 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 large parsnips, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Layer the potatoes, onions, parsnips and 3/4 cup cheese in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the flour, salt, pepper; gradually whisk in cream. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and top is golden brown.
3/4 cup: 412 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein.