Rich & Creamy Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Butter and additional grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until broth is almost evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in cream cheese until melted. Mash potatoes slightly, gradually adding sour cream, Parmesan cheese and salt; heat through. If desired, serve with butter and additional Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 199 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 612mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 27, 2018
I used peeled Idaho potatoes but otherwise made this recipe as is. It is delicious - I topped with slow cooked hen covered in gravy. Loved how easy the recipe is to make using extra ingredients I always have around the kitchen.
Oct 20, 2016
Made as-is and they turned out great. I added the sour slowly to make sure potatoes did not get runny. I used the entire quantity and it was fine.
Jan 31, 2016
Loved the taste of these. Just do what the recipe says and gradually add the sour cream so you can monitor the consistency. Mine was too runny.