Creamy Parmesan Rice
This quick and easy side dish can be made with ingredients you probably already have on hand. It's great served with chicken, pork chops or fish. —Angela McArthur, Snover, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 cups broth, reserving remainder, over medium heat. Bring to a boil; stir in rice, salt and garlic powder. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese. Add reserved broth, 2 tablespoons at a time, stirring constantly, until liquid is absorbed after each addition. Cook just until creamy and rice is almost tender, 5-10 minutes. Stir in parsley. Serve immediately.