Creamy Parmesan Rice
This quick and easy side dish can be made with ingredients you probably already have on hand. It's great served with chicken, pork chops or fish. —Angela McArthur, Snover, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 cups broth, reserving remainder, over medium heat. Bring to a boil; stir in rice, salt and garlic powder. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese. Add reserved broth, 2 tablespoons at a time, stirring constantly, until liquid is absorbed after each addition. Cook just until creamy and rice is almost tender, 5-10 minutes. Stir in parsley. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 221 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 1128mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Parmesan Rice in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.