Creamy Coconut Rice Pudding Parfaits
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1-1/2 cups cooked cold brown rice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Toasted sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer. Cook, uncovered, 35-45 minutes or until rice is soft and milk is almost absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in extracts. Cool slightly. Serve warm or refrigerate, covered, and serve cold. To serve, spoon pudding into dishes. Top with fruit; sprinkle with almonds and coconut.
Editor's NoteTo toast coconut, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 291 calories, 13g fat (10g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 157mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 6, 2018
Recipe ingredients indicate 1 1/2 C of cooked rice while the directions say to add first 5 ingredients & cook until rice is soft. This is confusing, should the rice be cooked prior or cook rice with milk & other ingredients??? Please verify. Thank You!