Creamy Cheese Rice
The best part about this cheesy rice recipe is that it's great both hot or cold. It's a dish I make often since cheese and rice are staples in my pantry and because it travels well, I like to take it to a picnic or a barbecue.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, rice and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and parsley if desired. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir until blended.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 216 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 466mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Rice in Reminisce Extra March 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.