Slow-Cooked Creamy Rice
This wonderful side dish goes well with any meat stew. I use fresh herbs on hand along with the chopped parsley to add even more flavor.—Laura Crane, Leetonia, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 290 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 624mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Slow Cooked Rice in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.